Welcome to INHABIT!
I'm so happy to introduce you to Arianna Taboada. Arianna is a maternal health expert, author, and owner of a consulting firm that helps female founders intelligently design maternity leave plans that meet their business model and personal needs.
Today we're talking about the ways Arianna is creating a culture of mothering the mothers in our society by helping entrepeneurial mamas babyproof their businesses.
Whether or not you're a mother, or an entrepeneur, this conversation sheds light on the lack of support women face as they enter motherhood, real talk about the challenges of becoming a mama, and some offerings of insight, healing, and support we can activate for ourselves.
In this episode:
* Motherhood as the great equalizer
* Arianna's proposition that the lack of adequate maternity leave support in our culture is a serious social justice issue
* Arianna talks about the lack of any 'mothering the mother' values in our culture, and the issues this creates
* Using an Eco-Map to pro-actively create a support system for ourselves and identify weak spots can help us to prevent crisis, and actually receive the support we need. (Get your Eco-Map PDF printable in the links below)
* Some signs and symptoms of post partum depression that you can use as a barometor for when you should reach out for more support so you don't suffer needlessly
* Arianna's suggestion that we need a new poster-mom role model, the mom who doesn't get it all done
* Understanding that when we support the total health of mothers, we are supporting generations of healthy children. The health of mothers creates the health of our society as a whole.
CONNECT WITH ARIANNA
On the Web: ariannataboada.com
ARIANNA'S FREE RESOURCES
1. Postpartum eco-map (for anyone)
This show is about YOU, and for YOU, the women of the world and I love hearing from you! How did this episode remind you of your own life? Share your stories and experiences in the comments below, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hey! I have a gift for you! The Subscriber Wellness Hub is loaded with free resources to support you in doing your soul's inner work on your own time.
I've included the INHABIT Book of the Month Club, amazing book recommendations full of practical self-care wisdom on topics that matter to you: sex, money, energy management, willpower, relationships, and more. I've also included meditations, and the Radical Self-Care Assessment PDF download to support you in getting crystal clear on where you're at and what you need in this season of your life. Plus there's bonus content for you to unlock and I'll be adding new content regularly! I hope you use it, enjoy it, and share it!